Monday, March 1, 2010

French oh French oh....French?

Ok so this week I have a 5 page paper for French that I need to get written and then graded a couple of times by the French Writing Lab. I'm ok with that since it is a personal story about how me and Alicia became friends. In fact it is quite hilarious and I get to make Alicia and I sound like silly little Junior High girls. I however woke up at 6 this morning so I could make it to school before 8 to get to my appointment at the French Writing Lab. I got there and had my paper corrected for a total of 4 minutes......7:58 to 8:02! I woke up really early for nothing basically. Most people in class didn't even get theirs graded so I was one of the random people. I however did irregularly well. I made friends with this boy in my class that adopted the name Tommy, his real name is too difficult for Americans to say. He is from a small island off the coast of Madagascar....relatively close to the island La Reunion. He was really cool to talk to (yes he's married so no dating him). He gave me information about the different natural disasters and how the church is handling them since he works at the information desk at the MTC. He served his mission in Haiti in 2005. I asked him if he knew anyone that died in the recent earthquake in Port-au-Prince and he said that he lost 2 or 3 companions and almost all of his converts. Pretty sad but he is glad that most all of them were able to be sealed in the temple to their families, he knows that they lived a good life and that they aren't just dead but they have been reunited with their Heavenly Father. That was my cool spiritual moment of the day, I quite enjoyed it.

1 comment:

alirara said...

my name is Alicia What?! Update your blog the end